Trekking Europe’s Peaks
Trekking or Hiking through Europe’s mountain ranges is one of the most adventurous and fascinating experiences for any traveller. From the highest peak of Mont Blanc in the French Alps to the daunting snow-capped peaks of Norway, Europe offers some of the best routes for anyone looking for the ultimate trekking challenge.
Top 5 Peaks to Trek in Europe
- Mount Elbrus, Russia – Standing 5,642m high, Mont Elbrus is Europe’s highest peak and one of the continent’s most exhilarating destination for trekking. A variety of routes offer amazing views of the Caucasus mountains and incredible glaciers, and make for an incredible adventure.
- Mount Blanc, France – Mont Blanc, commonly known as the “roof of Europe”, is the highest peak in the Alps and a must-visit destination for any adventure enthusiast. Offering spectacular views of the highest alpine peaks in the continent, the trek up Mont Blanc is certainly one to remember.
- Kirkjufell, Iceland – Nestled between the snow-capped mountains of the Snaefellsnes peninsula, Kirkjufell is an impressive peak that is one of the most picturesque locations in Europe. Trekking through Iceland’s wild landscape is a truly unique experience and the view from the top of Kirkjufell is an amazing reward.
- Mount Rysy, Poland and Slovakia – Standing at 2,503m, Mount Rysy is a popular spot for trekking in the Tatra National Park. It’s one of the most beautiful hiking routes in all of Europe, with luscious forests and wild meadows as well as breathtaking views of the highest Polish and Slovakian peaks.
- Popocatepetl, Mexico – The Mexican volcano Popocatepetl stands at 5,262m and is considered one of the most challenging treks in Europe. With a range of routes that lead to the crater, this is an extremely adventurous trek for any brave traveller looking for an unforgettable experience.
The thrill of trekking through the wilderness of Europe’s highest peaks is unlike anything else. With its vast range of mountain ranges and glaciers, Europe is the perfect place to explore and experience the heart-stopping thrill of trekking adventure.